Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sevens Corner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
carstenj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 09:48
seems like sevens corner is dead, after the thai lady take over the bar, it has only been going downhill, no costumers there anymore.
dogeater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 12:01
^Rather bad form, ole chap.

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 12:38
Originally posted by dogeater dogeater wrote:

^Rather bad form, ole chap.

Huh???  What is that supposed to mean?
Stormin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 15:26
The Ozzie guy who was the owner, no longer runs the bar. I am told that his ex-g/f or wife, now runs it. (Please don't quote me on this.) Yes, it is very true that there are very few customers going there. This was once a thriving business when Nigel and Gi-gi ran it.
Stormin

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not know who the idiot is!
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 15:39
Mon 2 Apr 2012, 2:34 pm

Gimmicks help, but bars are all about who is running them, their genuine interest in people, and commitment to making a fun, welcoming environment . . . for the long haul.  That is especially so where there is little or no centralized falang traffic.  Even then, the joints that create a space and a place that people want to come to and hang out will succeed best.

Any business that is not sufficiently capitalized probably will have a very difficult time surviving the inevitable slack periods in early days.  Any new business will get a bit of a spike in the beginning as customers are curious to check out the new place.  But this may fall off pretty quickly, and I think that a lot of owners get discouraged when this happens; rather than working harder to attract and keep customers, they take their eye off the ball, stop attending to business, close early, don't open some days.  When any bar or restaurant starts doing that, it's over.   They might just as well have a fire sale and get out of the lease before they hemorrhage out.

XeReX

Edited by rexall - 02 Apr 12 at 15:47
KK Veteran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 17:00
As you say it is all down to who is running the place.

I wandered in there a month ago as they boast draught beer and Fosters on the sign outside.
The place was empty and the bored bar staff told me "no have..old sign".

If I want a conversation with a couple of Thai's I'll buy my beer at a 7-11.

The Laundrey Bar across the soi seems to have taken their trade.

Eric's Bar has gone the same way as has what was the Cozy Bar. Once the original owner has sold up it's going to be hard to keep the trade.

It don't see much activity at the Chocolate Bar.

dogeater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 12 at 11:24
When it was first opened by the original owner Sven it was packed every night. Back then there were far fewer expat bars and expats. Better times, IMHO.

carstenj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 12 at 09:57
the is that all the bars is run by the same concept, there is need for new thinking in the bar trade, and thats all over thailand, its like if the first bar in the arear is doing ok, so they next bars vill open and offer the same concept and that gets booring after time.
so dear barowners, come up with something new, maybe try to remove the f**king tv-set from the bars, allways showing english football wich is booring, and maybe try to remove the trance and technomusic from the bars, it belongs in a disco not in bar where guest should be able to have a conversation without shouting to eachother.
in fact no 1 bar is in eyes the best place to come at the moment, i just wish they would take the dogs out from there, cause the smell of them is sometimes too much.
and on sevens corner there is no longer sattelite tv and there is no longer small leo beers, so i think she have to close soon, but i hear that its comming up for sale again for 600000 baht, a high price for a place with no income and a new owner must start from scratch and build up the buisness again, but hopefully some inovative guy will take over the bar.
TerryLH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 12 at 12:45
"...maybe try to remove the f**king tv-set from the bars.."

"...there is no longer sattelite tv and there is no longer small leo beers, so i think she have to close soon..."

Does this mean that if it's satellite TV, it doesn't have a sex life and is okay?
screamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 12 at 16:27
I remember a bar in Phuket that showed films on TV with the sound off but transmitted via wireless headphones so those that wanted to chat in peace and quiet could and those that wanted to have a drink and watch a film could do that as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic