Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acupuncture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acupuncture
    Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 01:53

Anybody know of a good acupuncturist in town?

Thanks.

Tony
Sponsored Links

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 09:04

Wed 1 Apr 09, 6:50 am

Hi Tony,

You ask the question as if such things are plentiful and easy to find in Khon Kaen!  Just open your Yellow Pages to the "A"section, and choose from 17 listings!  LOL  Not that easy, Bub!  Not even in this town with a fairly large Chinese-Thai population.

However, do not fear, you have come to the right place!!!  Rex knows all and see all ==>Wink

Fri 29 Aug 08, 9:29 am
Dr. Mit
Acupuncture Clinic
M-F 6:00 pm. - 8:00 p.m.
Kashikorn Thung San Road, near the army base,
not far from  the BIG Lake
-
Mobile   081-872-1224
Tel  043-238-171
18:00 - 20:00  Mon-Fri
09:00 - 12:00  Sat

peteh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 10:23
Hi Tony,

By coincidence, last week I was asked to drive one of our Village Monks to a hospital in Chiang Yuen (Route 209 towards Kalasin).
On arrival he was taken into a ward and I was left to wander the grounds for 2 hours. Anyway, when he had finished he took me to an office in the hospital and sat me down with a Gentleman whom I recognised from my "walk-about".
The man in question turned out to be Dr. Somchaichote Piyawatchwela, Secretary of Thai Rural Doctor Society, Director of Chiangyuen Hospital and one of the top THREE Acupuncture doctors in Thailand.
He was delighted to sit and talk to "practise his English" and we chatted for nearly an hour!

The bottom line is that he gave me his Business card and contact details and told me to refer anyone I know seeking his services.
If you are interested (or anyone else) PM me and I will gladly forward all details to you.
Pete
Once upon a time.......
tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 11:44

Rex,

Thanks for the information. That clinic is within a few blocks of home. Have you had personal experience with them?

Tony
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 13:06
Except for 30 years ago for cigarette smoking, this this was the only acupuncture I have ever had.  For "old guy" stiffness and neurological and muscle pain.  Something like fibromyalgia, maybe.  Unfortunately, I didn't not experience much or any benefit.  Hurt like hell, but doc said, other sources have since confirmed the pain means that the treatment is working.  Of course, that is a very "convenient" diagnosis, one that I would probably use if I was sticking needles into people!

Having said that, the clinic is immaculate, pleasant and well-appointed. The doc seems to know his stuff (studied in Hong Kong), and speaks acceptable English.  I think it was 300 THB per session, and I had 3-4 sessions over the courser of a few weeks. I am glad I tried it, but this stuff seems to work better for some than for others. 

It took me a long time to find this guy. I kept asking and asking and asking around.  No one at Khon Kaen RAM had a referral, and my Chinese pharmacist was clueless about it as well!  Surprising.  Anyway, give him a try and let us know how it goes.

Aloha,

Rex
TerryLH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 13:37
"...I didn't not experience much or any benefit."
tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 16:22
Originally posted by rexall rexall wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't not experience much or any benefit.

Rex

That was the result of my one experience with acupuncture treatments, as well. It was in the States and he told me up front it was probably not going to help with the problem I had (tinnitus).

This time it's pain from a pinched nerve in my neck. It's going to ultimately take some surgery to really alleviate the problem. A chiropractor might be able to give some short-term relief but there doesn't seem to be one this side of Bangkok. I'm willing to invest a few hundred baht to try something. At least maybe I can get some "traditional Chinese medicine" to ease the pain.

Thanks for the info. I'll let the forum know what happens.

Tony

Marc52 View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 12 at 15:31

Hi.  I want to see Dr. Somchaichote for an acupuncture treatment.  Please give me contact detail.

healing_current@yahoo.com.  Thanks, William Comer, BSc,CN, Energy Therapist, Chaiyaphum

I AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic