Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bikers in KK?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NorThai View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorThai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bikers in KK?
    Posted: 05 Jan 11 at 03:35

I am living about 45 km south west of Khon Kaen, 44 years old norweigan and drive a Yamaha Roadstar 1600 cruiser.

Been into KK many times, but never meet any falangs on a bike? Do you have some meeting places in KK?

Would be nice to meet some of you one dayWink

Sponsored Links

dogeater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 11 at 09:41
I have a CB1300 superfour and a Yamaha 400 Dragstar. Would love to ride w/ ya sometime.

NorThai View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorThai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 11 at 09:52

Greate, hope some others will join us too. I have a couple of freinds drive bikes as well in my village. One drive a Suzuki GSx-R 750 and the other one drive a Honda Shadow 750. They bout from London.

Send me a PM and you phone number, I will be back in Thailand next week;-)

Newt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 11 at 09:11
I have a 800 susuki. I'm up for a road trip anytime. I live 30 km w/sw of KK. PM me when you get back maybe we can get a few to go on a ride.

Newt
NorThai View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorThai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 11 at 17:04
Will do NewtWink
NorThai View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorThai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 11 at 18:33
Originally posted by Newt Newt wrote:

I have a 800 susuki. I'm up for a road trip anytime. I live 30 km w/sw of KK. PM me when you get back maybe we can get a few to go on a ride.

Newt

What kind of Suzuki Newt?

tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 11 at 19:25

If you aren't aware of it, you might want to check out http://www.gt-rider.com/

It's primarily focused on the North, but I think there are some guys in the Northeast that contribute to the forums. Lots of good information there.

NorThai View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorThai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 11 at 20:13
Originally posted by tcris52 tcris52 wrote:

If you aren't aware of it, you might want to check out http://www.gt-rider.com/

It's primarily focused on the North, but I think there are some guys in the Northeast that contribute to the forums. Lots of good information there.

I am a member, but thank`s for the info mateWink

tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 11 at 20:57
Along these lines:

Thailand Declares 2011 The Year of the Helmet:

" The cabinet on Tuesday approved a proposal to declare 2011 the year of campaigning for 100 per cent of motorcyclists to wear crash helmets, government deputy spokesman Supachai Jaisamut said.
Under the campaign, all state agencies, state enterprises and local administrations are to make it compulsory for their staff to wear safety helmets while travelling on motorcycles. Violators are to face not only legal action, but also disciplinary action.
The Labour Ministry is to instruct all employers to promote use of helmets.
The Education Ministry is to campaign for students in both state-run and private schools to do the same.
The Interior Ministry is to give an instruction for all local administrations to make sure their staff and students of schools run by them cooperate.
The Industry Ministry's Industrial Standards Institute is to redesign helmets to suit the local climate while the Public Health Ministry is to compile statistics of casualties from road accidents in which victims do not wear a helmet. "

How successful do you think this will be? Maybe a 1000-5000 baht fine might be some incentive. Seeing others getting their heads cracked open and attending a few funerals doesn't seem to be effective.

SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 11 at 21:25
Given the lack of actual protection the average helmet that Thais wear provides, I don't think the law would make much difference even if it was actually adhered to.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic