Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Email notifications not working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
DNPBC0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DNPBC0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 11 at 19:27
Hey! I'm on hotmail, did nothing to try to solve the problem, and yet just a few mins ago received the first KKF email notification I've had for about 3 weeksBig smileClap
Act of God, or is there some mortal we can thank for solving the problem?
Peter
Gdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 11 at 23:16
Originally posted by rexall rexall wrote:

Mon 28 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

Unfortunately, Hotmail seems to be treating e-mail notifications as SPAM for some of our members  Angry .   I suggest that you check the SPAM folders/filters on your Hotmail account.

BTW, Doug is working night and day to sort this out, but until he is successful, suggest that you use gmail or some other provider that does not block our messages.

Thanks, lah!

Aloha,

XeReX

Smile Done before I contacted you Rex.  
With my Hotmail no Spam or Private filters are responsible.  I deleted ALL and tested but still no emails from KKF. 

Regards, Dave
Gdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 11 at 23:55
Originally posted by DNPBC0 DNPBC0 wrote:

Hey! I'm on hotmail, did nothing to try to solve the problem, and yet just a few mins ago received the first KKF email notification I've had for about 3 weeksBig smileClap
Act of God, or is there some mortal we can thank for solving the problem?
Peter

I'm happy or you PeterThumbs Up.

Based on your success I changed my email address back to my original Hotmail address and sent myself a PM and replied.  NO LUCK FOR ME  Still No notifications.

I have re-entered my secondary gmail address that I have been using for 2 weeks and sent a PM etc. to check it was not adversely affected by my test

Once again gmail forwarded to my Hotmail account is fully working and all notification are being received.

Sod's Law I suppose Cry

One thing that may be of note for Admin. 

1) I doubt all members NOT receiving any emails nowadays changed their spam or private filters or other PC settings just before problem started.

2) and more importantly.

As I set my gmail to forward KKF notifications to my Hotmail address  over 1-2 weeks ago then any Hotmail filters/Spam filters in place (Microsoft or my private, etc.) would intercept them as filters/blockers don't care where an email came from to the Hotmail address be it from Source or redirected via gmail or whoever

Forgive me but in light of the above I feel, suspecting Hotmail Spam blockers or filters is probably a "Red Herring".

Seems the only common factor is KKF who send them (unless we all use the same ISP in my case 3BB). If Admin have made no changes and are not responsible then any chance the host might be?

Abe Peter (and others with problem) do you also use 3BB?  \

If not everybody using 3BB , then our ISP's is also probably eliminated from the list of suspects (but of course if all those with problems use 3BB then maybe....Tongue

Regards, Dave

KKAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KKAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 00:47
Hotmail will dump e-mail at their server level with no notification to either the recipient or the sender. Just Google Hotmail not receiving e-mail and see what you get. If you are having problems with Hotmail and the forum, the culprit is Hotmail. As I said, the forum sends e-mail indiscriminately, it cannot differentiate between any particular e-mail system. I also get the bounced e-mail from accounts that mail cannot be delivered to. There are several account holders that use Hotmail where e-mail sent are being treated as SPAM. Dave, you are one of them. When I have a minute I will send the bounced e-mail I get to the members who use Hotmail via PM. Most likely tomorrow.
Doug - the KhonKaen.com Forum Admin
Abe Frohman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abe Frohman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 01:05
I'm on 3BB.
Gdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 02:29
Originally posted by KKAdmin KKAdmin wrote:

Hotmail will dump e-mail at their server level with no notification to either the recipient or the sender. Just Google Hotmail not receiving e-mail and see what you get. If you are having problems with Hotmail and the forum, the culprit is Hotmail. As I said, the forum sends e-mail indiscriminately, it cannot differentiate between any particular e-mail system. I also get the bounced e-mail from accounts that mail cannot be delivered to. There are several account holders that use Hotmail where e-mail sent are being treated as SPAM. Dave, you are one of them. When I have a minute I will send the bounced e-mail I get to the members who use Hotmail via PM. Most likely tomorrow.

Hi Doug Smile

Thanks for your speedy efforts and the info,

I have already received you PM (what service Big smile) and understand a lot more than I ever did thanks to you. However I am not knowledgeable on the  what the Error Code explanation  is actually saying.  Please forgive my ignorance of ISP, and codes.

For my email the relevant bounced info you PM'd me said:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 SC-001 Unfortunately, messages from 64.187.125.100 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

the referred link info page for Hotmail SMTP Error codes said:

550 SC-001  Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network Admin please contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.

Doug, is this saying Hotmail policy does not like KKF's domain Email/ISP or does not like MY ISP 3BB. I cannot believe it is 3bb as they come later in the forwarding/receipt chain

Am I correct in assuming there is nothing I can do about it.

I note Abe has the same IPS as myself however he said he does not use hotmail for his notifications

It may be interesting to know IF his notifications are also bounced and with the same Smtp Error Code.

If the code is the same then that will be a second email address provider that is being fooled.

Can it be possible the domain host that KKF is on is the culprit and maybe they have recently changed something that is now worrisome to Microsoft and whoever Abe's email provider is).

I am NOT seeking anyone to blame Doug just trying to understand who is being rejected under code 550 SC-001 and why and whether I can do anything about it. 

Either way I AM getting emails via gmail so that suggests forwarding from another email provider DOES bypass Hotmail's SPAM blocking.

All my Thai Visa Forum email notifications make it to my Hotmail account direct (do you happen to know if they use the same host/domain provider (or whatever the term is) as KKF?

Kind Regards Doug AND MANY THANKS for your urgent informative advice received in your post and PM to me tonight.

Dave

DeeYai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeYai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 03:08
I can't understand why you guys continue with Hotmail. Confused All I ever see are complaints. I havn't used my hotmail account for 3 years now. Now I use gMail and never have any problems. Like Hotmail et al it is FREE. ClapClap Stop banging your heads against a brick wall.
D
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
toffee man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toffee man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 14:09
HAve to agree with DY, Gave up on hotmail a couple of years ago after several weeks of problems. Also switched to gmail and have had no problems since.

Alan
Play golf in Khon Kaen? Why not look at our website www.khonkaengolf.com
DNPBC0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DNPBC0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 14:50
For what it's worth, my email notifications via hotmail have stopped again.
Unhappy
Peter

DNPBC0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DNPBC0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 15:15
Originally posted by DNPBC0 DNPBC0 wrote:

For what it's worth, my email notifications via hotmail have stopped again.
Unhappy
Peter

Cancel that!  I just got one - a day late
I think hotmail must be menopausal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic