Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Email notifications not working?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Gdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 17:51
Originally posted by DeeYai DeeYai wrote:

I can't understand why you guys continue with Hotmail. Confused All I ever see are complaints. I havn't used my hotmail account for 3 years now. Now I use gMail and never have any problems. Like Hotmail et al it is FREE. ClapClap Stop banging your heads against a brick wall.
D

Hi DeeYai Smile,

I very rarely have had ANY problems with Hotmail in over 14 years and only set up a second one when I started blogging a few years back (have now stopped).

Hopefully in another 11 years your gmail will have worked as well as my Hotmail.  Up to this KKF issue I have only had issues/down time totalling under 4 days total with Hotmail

I loved using Outlook Express (now replaced by Windows Live Mail Desktop which is also great) as I do not like accessing Hotmail on the web, nor storing my private emails on the web for more than day or so.

The MAIN reason I do wish/cannot switch form Hotmail is after a 11 year period with ONE Hotmail email address ONLY (and it being easily the main one for the last 3 years address)  how could I possibly know/remember ALL those I would wish/need to advise that it was being replaced by me. 

If I use the Hotmail forwarding system then I could very gradually replace it over many years because over the years I have given many important UK private and Govt etc. contacts and online software retailers/sites general retailers Thai Imm, Banks friends and acquaintances etc. my Hotmail address.

I did once consider changing (when Hotmail down 2 days) but realized to switch was highly risky if I did not wish to lose many email contacts from those I forgot to advise (or who had forgotten to advise they had changed theirs and would therefore not receive a "change" email  (far too many to remember over 14 years of use and dangerous if I forgot an important one (OR they erroneously updated my new address)

ALL UNKNOWN RISKS

Whilst you say gmail is wonderful I would like to tell you a true situation I had about a year+ ago when I tried set up a 2nd Gmail  account (after the time when Google needed us to use @googlemail,com (and not @gmail.com).

They kept rejecting my application citing security reasons (I believe as application was from Thailand).

I asked my brother in UK to apply on my behalf with ALL my SAME details but from his PC in UK.  That time the email application was accepted FIRST TIME.   I changed password after he succeeded of course.

I therefore respectfully suggest that Google mail are not perfect either, but Smile admittedly are very good and reliable (but then so has my Hotmail been).

This NEW issue MAY be a justifiable block for all I know, as I do not know what aspect Microsoft and Abe's email provider are suspicious of.

Kind regards
Dave

Gdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 17:53
Originally posted by DNPBC0 DNPBC0 wrote:

Originally posted by DNPBC0 DNPBC0 wrote:

For what it's worth, my email notifications via hotmail have stopped again.
Unhappy
Peter

Cancel that!  I just got one - a day late
I think hotmail must be menopausal.

LOL LOLLOL
Dave

LOL
Abe Frohman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abe Frohman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 19:06

I can't understand why you guys continue with Hotmail. Confused All I ever see are complaints. I havn't used my hotmail account for 3 years now. Now I use gMail and never have any problems. Like Hotmail et al it is FREE. ClapClap Stop banging your heads against a brick wall.
D

Jumping to conclusions. Read this thread from the top. It's happerning to my @Thaivisa.com email. Thaivisa.com email is provided by GMail. It's not just a Hotmail problem.
DeeYai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeYai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 19:17
Originally posted by Abe Frohman Abe Frohman wrote:

D

Jumping to conclusions. Read this thread from the top. It's happerning to my @Thaivisa.com email. Thaivisa.com email is provided by GMail. It's not just a Hotmail problem.
Then why don't those of us on GMail experience your problems?Confused
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
KKAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KKAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 20:57
Dave,

The bounced e-mail is showing that the Hotmail server is rejecting the message due to policy reasons. The IP address noted [ 64.187.125.100 ] is the mail server IP that is used by the web site. The server farm the web site is using is in Florida, USA. Doing an IP lookup shows where the IP originates:

I will submit a support ticket to my web host to see if they can do anything about this problem with Hotmail. Hotmail does what it wants to do, so it may be cleared up quickly, it make take some time, or it may never get corrected. I unfortunately have no other options than what is being done.

As far as any others having issues with e-mail, I would contact the mail service you use and see if they are blocking the above IP address, or mail from the domain khonkaen.com. Mail is outgoing from the domain, several years ago I had to submit a stack of paperwork to the web host in order to run the forum and not have all e-mail blocked as SPAM. The web host does what it can, they normally shut down accounts that are found to be spammers very quickly. But usually this is after the account has already sent out thousands of SPAM messages, which gets the mail server blocked. There are other ways a spammer can send e-mail. Most times this includes exploiting badly coded web pages, or mis-configured servers.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Gdhm Gdhm wrote:

Originally posted by KKAdmin KKAdmin wrote:

Hotmail will dump e-mail at their server level with no notification to either the recipient or the sender. Just Google Hotmail not receiving e-mail and see what you get. If you are having problems with Hotmail and the forum, the culprit is Hotmail. As I said, the forum sends e-mail indiscriminately, it cannot differentiate between any particular e-mail system. I also get the bounced e-mail from accounts that mail cannot be delivered to. There are several account holders that use Hotmail where e-mail sent are being treated as SPAM. Dave, you are one of them. When I have a minute I will send the bounced e-mail I get to the members who use Hotmail via PM. Most likely tomorrow.

Hi Doug Smile

Thanks for your speedy efforts and the info,

I have already received you PM (what service Big smile) and understand a lot more than I ever did thanks to you. However I am not knowledgeable on the  what the Error Code explanation  is actually saying.  Please forgive my ignorance of ISP, and codes.

For my email the relevant bounced info you PM'd me said:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 SC-001 Unfortunately, messages from 64.187.125.100 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

the referred link info page for Hotmail SMTP Error codes said:

550 SC-001  Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation. If you are not an email/network Admin please contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.

Doug, is this saying Hotmail policy does not like KKF's domain Email/ISP or does not like MY ISP 3BB. I cannot believe it is 3bb as they come later in the forwarding/receipt chain

Am I correct in assuming there is nothing I can do about it.

I note Abe has the same IPS as myself however he said he does not use hotmail for his notifications

It may be interesting to know IF his notifications are also bounced and with the same Smtp Error Code.

If the code is the same then that will be a second email address provider that is being fooled.

Can it be possible the domain host that KKF is on is the culprit and maybe they have recently changed something that is now worrisome to Microsoft and whoever Abe's email provider is).

I am NOT seeking anyone to blame Doug just trying to understand who is being rejected under code 550 SC-001 and why and whether I can do anything about it. 

Either way I AM getting emails via gmail so that suggests forwarding from another email provider DOES bypass Hotmail's SPAM blocking.

All my Thai Visa Forum email notifications make it to my Hotmail account direct (do you happen to know if they use the same host/domain provider (or whatever the term is) as KKF?

Kind Regards Doug AND MANY THANKS for your urgent informative advice received in your post and PM to me tonight.

Dave

Doug - the KhonKaen.com Forum Admin
Gdhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 22:18
Doug,

Once again MANY, MANY THANKS Clap
I live an learnThumbs Up

Not only have you explained clearly for me to understand but you have also done your best and have spent time investigating and explaining to me on this issue.

Whether My hotmail works in future (I will try it periodically and quite frequently to see) I really appreciate your efforts.

Kind regards and best wishes Dave
Abe Frohman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abe Frohman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 22:37

Then why don't those of us on GMail experience your problems?Confused

I don't know why you aren't having problems, but let's be clear: you don't speak for all users of GMail. And I am one of those people on a GMail-administered product that is having problems. Doesn't it seem a bit strange that if it were just a "Hotmail" problem, other non-Hotmail users (such as myself) started having the same problem at the same time as Hotmail users?
If you had reviewed the thread completely you would hopefully have understood that some Hotmail users have been successfully receiving notification messages . . . at least part of the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic