Resorts

Baan Soun Country Retreat
Castle Howchow
Greenery Resort
Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations near Central City Bangna, BKK?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendations near Central City Bangna, BKK?
    Posted: 07 Jan 12 at 18:51

Sat 7 Jan 2012, 6:44 p

IT NEVER HURTS TO ASK DEPT.  :  Anyone ever stay near Central City (Central Plaza) in Bangna, Bangkok?  If so, suggestions appreciated, as close as possible.

Thanks, lah!

XeReX

Sponsored Links

madge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 12 at 07:39
http://bangpli.com/

Inexpensive and a very good songteaw service from the soi opposite the temple(wat Bangpi yai)

Also good for the airport.

Taxi to central no more than 50 baht from hotel.
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine,i keep my eyes wide open all the time...
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 12 at 09:04
It looks fine, Madge, at least for short stays.  The price certainly is right! 

I usually take the first class NCA "red eye" going down, but the NCA bus station in BKK is on the other side of town and a long taxi ride from Bangna. Perhaps not so long at 6:00 am, but still 200-300 THB.  With the cheap hotel and proximity to the airport, flying may not be that much more expensive than the bus + taxis.

Thanks, lah!

XeReX
madge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 12 at 19:20
Hi Rex,i do the same regularly with the NCA,the taxi from Nca bus station is around 200 baht to the hotel,if he goes the correct way?

English guy named Dick and his Mrs own it and it is a great cheap place to stay with a very clean pool and terrace area to eat and have a few sun-downers.The planes fly right above before landing but i never heard anything at night to disturb the sleep.There are always some interesting folks staying over to swap stories with also.

Very good area and the songtaews are going to most places from the big temple near the hotel.as an instance i used to pay 8 baht to the Tesco's on the Bangna Trat and get one of the numerous mini vans into sukhumvit for 20 baht.

The temple there is very famous (Wat Bang Pi Yai)and all taxi drivers know it so it is a good reference point also on the klong is the old Chinese market which is still going strong today.
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine,i keep my eyes wide open all the time...
DNPBC0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DNPBC0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 12 at 19:32
Madge, this is a very useful recommendation.  Many thanks. When my family and friends come from New Zealand, all flights arrive very late in the evening making hotel accommodation necessary before they can travel north in a strange country, usually by air to KKC.  This seems to be an excellent option for that one-night stay.
Smile
Peter

madge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 12 at 17:37
No problem Peter it is a very accessible option and clean and inexpensive,i can honestly say that once you have stayed there you will go back because they know how to treat the customer,it is very easy good for the airport.

If anyone stays there i would like to know what they think also,i have no affiliation with the owners other than the good courtesy they showed me,very helpful.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic