Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rim Bung Inn renovation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KK Veteran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rim Bung Inn renovation
    Posted: 29 Feb 12 at 20:59
A few of the older KK residents will recall this was the only hotel on the lake a decade ago but sadly was let to decay by the elderly owners.

It has recently been sold for 55 million baht.

It's now being renovated by a sister company to Kanyarhat hotel further up the road.

The place is being gutted and the block walls to the large panoramic rooms on the front are being opened for new chrome railings which will offer the best view on the lake. I stayed on the fifth floor at the front of this hotel for the first five years and it has superb views of the city,lake and Wat Nong Wan.However it has eight floors plus a roof which has great potential for a restaurant.

Completion is due for later this year

Sponsored Links

madge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 12 at 22:00
I have the best view of the lake,not some sh*tty hotel that we used to frequent years ago...what is the purpose of your post?
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine,i keep my eyes wide open all the time...
Phil View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 03:27
Whats the purpose of your miserable post.
Life is a risk
no one gets out alive
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 06:30
Thu 1 Mar 2012, 6:29 am
I stayed at Rim Buen Inn when I first came to KKC seven years ago.  Even then it was a three-star, getting a little "long in the tooth."  Nothing flash, but the rooms were HUGE with great. wrap-around balconies and wonderful views, as KK Vet describes.

Edited by rexall - 01 Mar 12 at 06:40
topspinholty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinholty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 07:02
[QUOTE=madge]I have the best view of the lake,not some sh*tty hotel that we used to frequent years ago...what is the purpose of your post?[/QUOTE

I think it is quite clear that the purpose of the post was informative and I for one am interested what happens to the place.

I nearly stayed there 8 years ago when I moved to KKC and agree with Rex that it probably had seen better days then and had I not found another place that would have been my choice.

So glad you have a great view of the lake high up in your ivory tower!!!Tongue
If you have to tell the world how good you are,you're probably not that good!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 08:03
Thanks Rex and Topspin.

As you say Rex it was way past its sell by date a long time ago but the views from the front rooms are excellent. The new owners look like they'll turn it in to a fine place.

I sometimes feel a few on here having nothing better to do than troll.
kiwiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 09:11
KK Veteran, when is the expected completion date given Thai time and delays? I stayed in a similar renovated hotel similar to the above in BKK 2 years ago or the river and it was great with the big rooms Certainly this one is in a nice setting
Work is for those that don't go fishing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 10:01
They expect to complete by the end of the year Kiwiman.

The same company will soon start work on a 14 story condo block with similar views behind their new hotel complex. The site will also include a 3 story shopping mall.
Foul Heathen View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foul Heathen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 10:22
Originally posted by madge madge wrote:

I have the best view of the lake,not some sh*tty hotel that we used to frequent years ago...what is the purpose of your post?

What is wrong with you? Thumbs Down
dogeater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 12 at 10:43
I say Most foulath heathen, I officially disapprove of your sans gĂȘne approach to posting here, at the same time, however, you fascinate me. There are things about you, primarily your user name, that, I admittedly find intriguing. For example, there's a rumor that you can refer to a women's genitals in 58 different languages. Is that correct? 

Edited by dogeater - 01 Mar 12 at 10:46

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic