Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MyBar, not exactly MyKindOfBar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
Author
SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 13:10
Originally posted by parryhandy parryhandy wrote:

LOL there are some huge rose tinted glasses being worn around here.

Why does Eric's bar have 5/7 staff working on a night, in a bar you cant swing a cat in ? Just to chat to them innocent old farangs ?

To compare Khon Kaen to Pattaya is a joke no ? Theres what 5/6 farang bars in khon kaen and in a few, women are available, big deal.If you dont like it dont go in.This attitude must seriously restrict the amount of Thai bars and clubs you can go in.The real dodgy ones with some affiliation to the bastions of virtue you mentioned earlier. Oh and heaven forbid don't look too closely around virtually any large hotel in Khon kaen you might see some women being degraded.

Downhill lol ,fallen from where exactly ? 

Exactly. ClapClap
madge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 14:01
Originally posted by Realist Realist wrote:

Bar wise, KK is going downhill

Underground.
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine,i keep my eyes wide open all the time...
Taffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 14:15
My mate has got the best idea..what to do with the spare room he as at his place, after having lengthy discussions with the wife, who was all in favor of turning the room into a en suite or maybe some sort of conservatory, where they can sit and relax and watch the sun going down together ,,,My mate decided f**k it ill turn it into a bar,,and what a mighty fine bar it is, we got a fridge to keep your beers nice and cool, we got some top sounds blasting out, there is good company some top guys just getting drunk together and talking plenty of sh*t "No woman in site" peace and quite, that's the whole idea about going over pub with the boys, Is to get  away from the (Boss) the Misses for one night Smile            
I started of in life with fcuk all, and i still got most of it left
SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 14:49
Star...best post on this thread so far, Taffy.
kiwiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 14:56
Originally posted by SkyyWalker SkyyWalker wrote:

Originally posted by parryhandy parryhandy wrote:

LOL there are some huge rose tinted glasses being worn around here.

Why does Eric's bar have 5/7 staff working on a night, in a bar you cant swing a cat in ? Just to chat to them innocent old farangs ?

To compare Khon Kaen to Pattaya is a joke no ? Theres what 5/6 farang bars in khon kaen and in a few, women are available, big deal.If you dont like it dont go in.This attitude must seriously restrict the amount of Thai bars and clubs you can go in.The real dodgy ones with some affiliation to the bastions of virtue you mentioned earlier. Oh and heaven forbid don't look too closely around virtually any large hotel in Khon kaen you might see some women being degraded.

Downhill lol ,fallen from where exactly ? 

Exactly. ClapClap

Seconded, what got's me thinking, most guys that come to KK come because of their Isaan girl, via internet or via Pattaya . Other than a post at KK university or an interest in rural Thai agriculture, why would one go to KK, It is largely a very boring city ( if you are into things out of family, shagging, bars etc )IMHO but with huge economic potential because of the East /West corridor and has enormous potential  because of it, Skyywaker has eluded to it in the piman thread.
But if you have a genuine Isaan girl, Kk is a great city, I unfortunately i am only able to visit a couple of months a year, that will change.
Why is it important to spend so much time in a bar, does one do it it ones home country ??? I'd rather be at home
Work is for those that don't go fishing
Stormin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 16:08
This  topic is getting rather stupid now, just as the shows are shown on national TV, i.e. Jerry Springer, Tricha Goddard and Jeremy Kyle... Many of you will well know me for riding my very beautiful Yamaha XJR1200cc motorbike. I would go to all of these places mentioned, and drink either zero coca cola or hot English tea. I didn't have to, nor did I buy these girls a drink, becuase they all wanted to drink expensive drinks (with a 35 baht surcharge on top of each drink at some bars). I went there to either play pool, converse or listen to the music. OK times maybe now hard in Thailand (after last years flooding) in general, so don't expect but hope!  I have lived in Khon Kaen for more than 8 years, and i have seen a very different changie in it. When I first arrived there, there was very few farangs, now it is full of them. I read my books and read Khon Kaen to be very boring, albeit I did read that it was the hub centre of education, which interested me very much.I have enjoyed my time lengthy stay in Khon Kaen, but recently found it to be very boring. Many of my friends( in Khon Kaen) love Pattaya, and to my surprise, I was told that lots of the Bar girls are infact from Khon Kaen.Embarrassed 
 Your money is far better in your pocket! Wink
Believe me....

Edited by Stormin - 15 May 12 at 16:24
Stormin

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not know who the idiot is!
woodman2 View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 16:17
So where are rockys and number 1 bar in relation to erics and my bar? And is s&s bar close to the kanyarat hotel. north or south?
beauvoir View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beauvoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 16:47
s&s is walkin distance from Kanyarat... turn left and it's on the same side of the road...not far.  Always found Leo's to be the best in the town itself... opposite my bar.
KK Veteran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 17:41
Originally posted by beauvoir beauvoir wrote:

s&s is walkin distance from Kanyarat... turn left and it's on the same side of the road...not far.  Always found Leo's to be the best in the town itself... opposite my bar.
Quite agree with you on Leo's. No bar girls just a place for expats to have a drink and a chat.
mickmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 12 at 20:33
I have been reading the posts on this subject with considerable interest and thought I'd have my two penneth worth. My wife and I first moved to KK in the summer of 1998, so I suppose I could be classed as one of the old farts of KK

We moved here for two reasons:
  a.  My wife did not want to be too near her family, they live in Chaiyaphum and
  b.  KK has an airport, convenient for me as I work in the Middle East.

We originally rented a house not far out from the city centre and, consequently, spent a fair amount of time in the city. In those days farangs, westeners, non-Thais or whatever you want to call us were pretty scarce and I always got stared at when in the city. However, the locals were really friendly and always wanted to stop and chat. I usually had a drink at No. 1 Bar whilst my wife was shopping, Back then it was an enclosed bar with no patio area and, as today away from the main road and not noisy. I met a few expats there who were always willing to have a chat.

About a year later, we bought a house in a village about 15 kms north of KK and, as a result, my trips into KK became less and less, but on the odd occasions that I did venture into KK, I noticed the increase in farangs and more western bars being opened (and closed!).

One one occasion, about two years ago, I was sat outside at Eric's Bar round about midday with my stepdaughter, who was then 18 (my wife was shopping and my stepdaughter did not want to go with her because it was so hot). We observed a very p****d farang emerge from inside the bar cursing like a trooper and he then proceeded to stagger down the Soi in the direction of the Pullman Hotel. He was seen by a large group of teenage schoolchildren and they actually crossed the Soi en masse to avoid him! My stepdaughter said that this sort of behaviour by farangs was becoming increasingly common in KK and she asked me why. I could not really give her an answer, but just said that not all farangs are like that.

Because of actions like this, I think this is the main reason that us farangs are losing respect with the locals. I have certainly noticed this, has anybody else?

Regards,

Mick
Mickmc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
  Share Topic