Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I Doing the Right Thing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TerryLH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TerryLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 12 at 20:33
"Open forum is it not?
Only stating my opinion that 30,000 is crap and why would any fukker want to teach here."

It is.
I was stating my opinion - can we agree that that's allowed?

I posted, that in my opinion, your comment wasn't as refined or polite as the other posters comments.

Terry
jimmyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jimmyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 12 at 22:44
Terry I shall go one step further, his post was rude and or scurrilous. 

Opinions are most welcome, but I am not so sure that direct insults should be permitted.

If a person is happy teaching for 30K per month then there is no reason to insult him or her.
mrmister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 12 at 02:18
Originally posted by klinpree klinpree wrote:

Why the fcuk would anyone want to teach English here?
30,000 Bart Simpsons a month fcuk that..

Maybe to just have something to do part of the time, if the significant other maybe also work?
But of course f..k if I know if it's f..ng worth the f...ng salary  for f...k sake(familiar language?lol).
;-)

KK Veteran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 12 at 04:08
Originally posted by TerryLH TerryLH wrote:

"Open forum is it not?
Only stating my opinion that 30,000 is crap and why would any fukker want to teach here."

It is.
I was stating my opinion - can we agree that that's allowed?

I posted, that in my opinion, your comment wasn't as refined or polite as the other posters comments.

Terry

To be honest Terry, Klinpree appears to have spent too much time in the company of manual workers. He certainly could never teach with such a limited vocabulary peppered with expletives. 

Here is an example of one of his postings on this site...
"Anybody got any info on the new bar next to Kosa steak house. Bar fines ? How much ? Nice chicks? etc"

He appears to think that all Thai people fall in to the Pattaya selling sex bracket.

This of course is the bar Mr Mister complains about.

Edited by KK Veteran - 14 May 12 at 04:12
klinpree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinpree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 12 at 08:18
ooraa.............
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 12 at 09:45
Originally posted by jimmyyy jimmyyy wrote:

Terry I shall go one step further, his post was rude and or scurrilous. 

Opinions are most welcome, but I am not so sure that direct insults should be permitted.

If a person is happy teaching for 30K per month then there is no reason to insult him or her.

Mon 14 May 2012, 8:37 am

Sometimes people "push the red line" which puts me in something of a dilemma  Generally, we want to talk abut issues and principles, not personalities.  Sometimes it is a matter of the message being the same but the approach being different.   In other words, it's find to raise the point that 30K THB is not a lot of money and wonder how well people might live on it.  However, you are correct, Jimmyyy, stating or implying that someone is foolish or deficient in some way if they are willing to work for 30K THB is rude, insulting and a personal attack.  That's a TOS violation and it doesn't take much of that to get sent to the corn field.   Talking about other people can be very tricky, and if one chooses to do that, s/he had better tread very carefully, take care to be diplomatic, and be sure that the message is about an issue or principle, not about the person. 

XeReX
SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 12 at 14:44
Hey Jogger...have you made a decision yet?  Please keep us posted and thanks for starting the thread. There are always people in town considering teaching English, so any discussion on the topic I think is quite useful.  Sorry I haven't chimed in yet, but if you post an update, or have any other questions, I'd be happy to throw in my two bahts worth!

Scott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic