Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pullman restaurant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pullman restaurant
    Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 12:18
Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:01 am
Hi All,

For years I have enjoyed an occasional buffet breakfast at the Pullman Hotel (formerly Sofitel).  I always look forward to it and have always enjoyed the experience.  I have found the staff gracious and helpful.  For example, last year we had two anorexics eating with your group, and when the waitress or hostess saw the little bit of rabbit food they were nibbling on, only charged us half the regular price.  I thought that was a class act, especially as I was not expecting it, and had no problem paying the regular price.  That left me with a very good, kindly impression.

Today the U.S. Embassy was busier than usual and took a little longer than expected.  We got to the restaurant at 9:50, pushing it, for sure, but still with 10 minutes to spare.  Not only would they not seat us, but made a big stink about us not being hotel guests, as if there was something highly unusual and improper such customers.  Really creepy1   Obviously, we were some nasty inconvenience keeping them from doing their job, and they couldn't be bothered tending to customers.   Then they said the price was 450 THB.  I don't know when that happened, and I guess it is fairly typical for Thailand, to get a sudden 50% price increase with no value added.  Does anyone know when the price went up?    The price was 250 THB for years, then went up to 289, I believe.

I don't know if this is because of the changeover to the Pullman, or we just caught them on a bad day, or what.  But what a disappointment!  It is only a couple of times per year that I get to indulge my serious cholesterol-packing, and I was looking forward to it.  Pullman is a big, international outfit, and they certain ought to know how to run a hotel restaurant.

Rex
Sponsored Links

Changnoi1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Changnoi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 13:11
I think Pullman KK is all rising all prices. A few years ago staying at here for 1750thb  was a good deal incl. 2 free beers and 500thb discount-coupon for food at their restaurants. Now that is 2800thb I believe and I do find that a bit out of league for their bit outdated rooms.

And yes although I think the staff is good and friendly they tend to start a bit early on cleaning the breakfast buffet for the lunch. I suppose it is also their change of shift, so the earlier the breakfast buffet is cleaned up the earlier they are home?

I still think their walk-in rate for breakfast buffet is not bad, but I had a rather negative feeling of their dinner buffet (or lunch I forget) .... even water was not included and bloody expensive. 

Chang Noi

Shipm8te View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shipm8te Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 13:18
I also had breakfast at the Pullman today after my meeting with the embassy and as you I was disappointed.  We had no problem being seated, but once so, we were informed that we only had 15 minutes to eat and they were true to their word, because in exactly 15 minutes the food was pulled from the buffet lines.  But the real surprise came went they presented a check for 900 baht for their less that satisfactory breakfast buffet.  Next year I guess I'll make do with the Big Breakfast from McDonalds.
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 13:36
Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:31 pm

I have sent the General Manager of the Pullman, Khon Kaen an e-mail .
Mr Ole NIELSEN
General Manager
pullman@pullmankhonkaen.com
Tel 043-322155
dogeater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 13:37
What? 900THB for a little breky,   gotta be Rockafeller to afford that! Shocked

parryhandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parryhandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 13:57
 50% discount with one of these 

Edited by parryhandy - 14 Jun 12 at 14:03
kiwiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 14:00
Saying Rex?
Work is for those that don't go fishing
KK Veteran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 12 at 15:34
I used to eat there years ago but moved to the Kosa. Similar surroundings but cheaper and nicer staff. The restaurant is open all day.
nifty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nifty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 12 at 08:25
When the new Centara opens soon it will have a english style pub called London inn, now i am hoping when this opens it will serve a good English breakfast and other English style grub, here's hoping!!.
red army.
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 12 at 10:13
Originally posted by dogeater dogeater wrote:

What? 900THB for a little breky,   gotta be Rockafeller to afford that! Shocked

. . . or Romney! Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic