Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pullman restaurant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Changnoi1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Changnoi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 12 at 17:23
Well they building started a few years ago but they took a break due to "recession" ....

They offer openings promotion .... a little bit cheaper as the Pullman

Chang Noi

jimmyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 12 at 07:59
I still like the Pullman breakfast, always get there before 9 and always have a fantastic meal.  Prices go up, its just a fact of life.  Still is the best breakfast in Khon Kaen hands down.
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 12 at 08:45
Well, child rape and murder are facts of life as well.  That does not mean they are appropriate.

Yes, a certain amount of inflation is routine and to be expected.  When there is a large increase however, one would expect, or at least hope, that value is being added; better food, better selection, better surroundings, better service.  In the case of the Pullman, nothing has been added, and the attitude of the staff has gone to sh*t.    In my opinion, it is unethical for a business to raise prices 50%  just because they think they can get away with it without offering something in return, and then tell you that you are being a nuisance, so you would please hurry up and eat so they can clear your table!  There is such as thing as ethics and predatory practices in business.  And predators absolutely  LOVE people HeartHug who react passively to their gouging as "a fact of life."

XeReX
True Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote True Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 12 at 10:02
Let's face it, Thailand is not a cheap place to live any more. I recently returned to the UK to visit my folks and was surprised to see that quite a lot of food items were cheaper than those in Thailand. Cereals, butter, cream, milk, cheese, bread, cured meats, vegetables, frozen meals etc were all cheaper.
Most of the products I have listed are now produced here in Thailand but still are very expensive. You would have thought that with low overheads, companies would be able to offer the consumer a better price, but this is Thailand and nothing makes sense.
Arfur Daily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arfur Daily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 12 at 11:44
Hi True Blue, yes  i would agree with you regarding the cost of many food items being much cheaper in the UK than here. I was recently back in the UK, the price of fresh Salmon is much cheaper than here, along with wine, and of course used cars. Okay you can not rent an appartment or house as cheaply as here, but i saw combined deals for cable TV, internet and telephone for 20 pounds ( 1000 Baht ) per month. The price of dining out and petrol or diesel are of course much higher in the UK, and i would hate to think what a round of golf would cost compared to Singha Park! Cheers Arfur.
This is not a rehearsal, This is the real thing.!
kiwiman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 12 at 14:06
Originally posted by Vicco Vicco wrote:

Originally posted by dogeater dogeater wrote:

How long did it take to build it?

What color are they painting the ceilings, and what size of floor tiles are they using.......Confused
Will they have extra low urinals for short farangs?  Will there be lots of parking for noodle carts and motorbikes?   

You are a naughty boy Vicco, saying things like that Wink
Work is for those that don't go fishing
Pianoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pianoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 12 at 20:15
As the Parent Group (owner's of Pullman) are pushing their VIP / Club Cards offerning 40% to 60% Discounts on Food and Beaverages, I am sure that the individual Hotels have been insturcted to increase the "Regular" Menu prices to help cover the steep Discounts that they offer...

Last time I had Breakfast Buffet at the Pullman I think that I recall it being 360 baht, and I think that was about a year ago...

Pianoman
Everything in Moderation, including Moderation....
namklong View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namklong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 12 at 08:13
Did you make your dissatisfaction known to the hotel at the time of dining rex? Did you give them a chance to rectify things or make amends? Did you  give them a chance to put things right?  The couple of times I've had cause to complain at the Pullman/Sofitel they've handled it well and made sure I was satisfied with the outcome.
Galee View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 12 at 09:58
Slightly off topic but still relevant to The Pullman.

Last November the wife and I had just checked out, we were in the process of walking out of the hotel when one of the receptionist shout's out loudly, "excuse me sir, you haven't paid for the condoms". 
Turns out my wife had found them in the draw and then thrown them back in there a bit too hard and they had fallen down the back of the cabinet.
We had to hang around for 5 minutes whilst the staff played, hunt the condoms.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic