Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central Hotel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Irishfella View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishfella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Hotel
    Posted: 07 Jul 12 at 03:05
Hello members, I am looking a nice clean secure central hotel in Khon Kaen city.  It would be good if it has a gym.  I am doing quite a bit of travelling during this trip, so it would be good if the hotel was no more than 1500 baht per night.  Is this possible on Khon Kaen City?

Sponsored Links

WindyB4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindyB4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 12 at 12:50
Hi Irish

The Charoen Thani is very central, not too far from Central Plaza, it has a gym and you can get a discounted room price, at the link below, for about 1,500 baht.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/khon_kaen/charoen_thani_khon_kaen_hotel.html

There are plenty of other places cheaper too, but will probably not have a gym or pool.
I have always booked my hotels from the website above and never had any problems.

Edited by WindyB4 - 07 Jul 12 at 12:57
parryhandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parryhandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 12 at 13:06
Looking through agoda in the link above it's incredible just how many hotels there are in khon kaen now !!
Irishfella View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishfella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 04:02
Thanks for the replies.  I booked the Kosa Hotel via booking.com and I got 4 nights for 5000 baht.  I have free cancellation until August 13th.  So please tell me if I have made the correct decision or not.  I did notice after I had booked that there is a charge for the internet.  Does anyone know what the current charges are?  I require internet connection for a couple of hours each day.  Is there any establishments close by that offer free wifi for customers?  I do not mind having a few cold beers in return for the wifi :-)

Thank you.
KK Veteran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK Veteran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 06:58
You can go across the road from the Kosa and get free wifi in the large building that is called TukCom.
Go to the top floor and go to the cheap restaurant and buy a coke.

Abe Frohman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abe Frohman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 11:42
I think Eric Bar down the street (toward the Pullman, and across from the 7-Eleven) has WiFi. The new Coffee House/Restaurant a few doors down from Eric may have too.
Kuthong House Restaurant has WiFi. (look here for a description and map:) http://www.khonkaen.com/english/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5166&PN=2&title=all-day-bacon-eggs-breakfast-at-khotung-house

Should be no problem for you to find various places in the area to get WiFi and a brewski or meal, and sit down, plug in and surf a while.
SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 12:46
The Mai Thai Guesthouse isn't exactly "central", but consider checking it out. 5,000 baht at the Kosa and you have to pay extra for wifi...ridiculous. The Orchid is another good option...200 meters from Central Plaza mall. Both places are about 1/2 the cost of the Kosa and free wifi.

topspinholty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinholty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 12:49
Not sure that the Mai Tai has a gym as requested by the op Scott.

He would be better off in the Kosa,Glacier or Charoen Thani IMO

Edited by topspinholty - 08 Jul 12 at 12:50
If you have to tell the world how good you are,you're probably not that good!!!!
SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 12 at 12:58
Originally posted by topspinholty topspinholty wrote:

Not sure that the Mai Tai has a gym as requested by the op Scott.

He would be better off in the Kosa,Glacier or Charoen Thani IMO

Good point, TS. Pool yes, gym no.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic